Common Causes of Auto Accidents in California
Auto accidents are the most common cause of traumatic injury in California. Some of the top causes of auto accidents are provided for below.If you have any further legal questions regarding auto accident after reading this article, feel free to contact our law offices. All consultations are provided free of charge by an experienced attorney. When you call our office, you will be able to speak with an actual lawyer. We won't waste your time with recordings or answering services. When you call us, someone at our law firm will pick up the phone and speak with you regarding your case.
Top Causes of Auto Accidents in California:
- Failure to notice and yield to oncoming traffic while negotiating a left turn, or a u-turn.
- Tailgating - following too close to the vehicle in front.
- Speeding while driving.
- Emotional physical and psychological attributes of the driver - including sleepiness while driving, fatigue, unfamiliarity with the road, seizures, low blood sugar level resulting in a loss of consciousness, dizziness, and general anxiety of the driver.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, or any other intoxicant.
- Distracted driving, inattentiveness to roadway conditions such and rain or potholes.
- Running a red light.
- Defective roadway conditions including defects in the design of the road, failue to place proper stop signs, and traffic light intersection defects.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Defective vehicles - including brake failures.
- Incidents or road rage resulting in accidents.