Average Value of Uber Case - Uber Lyft Accident Lawsuit
Rideshare accidents have become much more common since the advent of Uber, Lyft, and other app-based services. Unfortunately, this also places more people at risk of car accidents, as unfamiliar route and constant GPS usage force drivers to pay less attention to the roads. After being involved in an automobile crash while riding in a rideshare vehicle, clients may not know what they should expect out of a settlement. One of the most common questions asked by our clients concerns the amount of compensation they will receive for the damages they have suffered. Other such questions include:
- How much is an uber accident case worth?
- What is the average settlement value for an uber accident lawsuit?
- How much is the payout for an uber accident claim?
- I was in an Uber car as a passenger and another car crashed into us. How much can I sue Uber for?
- I am an Uber driver and I got into an accident. How much will my case settle for?
It is natural for victims of accidents to want information concerning the amount of compensation they will receive for the damages they have suffered. There are several significant facts in determining the value of a case. A list and brief description of the most significant factors in determining the potential value of a personal injury case is provided below. These factors apply to any cases involving an Uber accident or Lyft accident. If you are looking for information regarding how much is the value or the average settlement of an Uber case or Lyft case, you can read below for some guidelines.
Factors in Determining the Potential Value of Your Case
- The extent and severity of the injuries you have suffered: Medical documentation including hospital records and treatments establishing a diagnosis of your injuries play a significant part in a future settlement. Thus, it is vital to seek medical treatment as soon as possible following an accident so that there is no major gap in medical treatment.
- Your current and future medical and rehabilitation costs: Future medical care costs will be determined by a life care planner based on any long term injuries or disabilities you may have suffered due to the trauma.
- Economic damage suffered: Economic damages can include loss of income and future earning capacity due to long term injuries and disabilities you have suffered.
- Non-Economic Damages: Victims of harm due to the negligence of others are entitled to recovery for the emotional distress and physical pain they have had to endure. There are several ways to calculate pain and suffering compensation. Per-diem is calculated by placing a dollar amount for each day a person has had to suffer physically and psychologically based on the damage suffered. That number is then multiplied by the number of days an individual has suffered such harm.
- Application of Punitive Damages: Courts will grant punitive damages to victims in cases where the at fault party acted intentionally or acted in reckless disregard for the life and health of others. Reckless behavior, tantamount to gross criminal negligence in many jurisdictions, can include driving while under the influence, hit and run accidents, and driving at an exceedingly high rate of speed.
- Insurance policy coverage available: Lyft, Uber and other rideshare drivers must carry a commercial policy in order to have passengers in their vehicle. The specific dollar amount available depends on the standing of the rideshare driver at the time of the accident. If the rideshare app is not on, then the direct insurance coverage of the drive will apply. If the rideshare app is on but there is no passenger in the vehicle, a $250,000 policy limit will apply. If the rideshare app is on and the driver has connected with the potential passenger for pick up or if the driver is on the way to pick up the passenger, then a $1,000,000 insurance policy limit from the rideshare company will apply. If the passenger was in the vehicle at the time of the accident then a $1,000,000 policy will apply.
- The attorney that is representing you: Perhaps the most significant factor in determining your case value will be the attorney that is representing you. An attorney experienced in auto accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles will be able to provide specific strategies in order to maximize your case value.
Why is the Attorney Important? Hiring the proper attorney is key in personal injury cases involving accidents with Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare services. The unfortuante truth is that most attorneys will hurry cases along and settle for the lowest settlement they can get to win the case, collect their percentage, and move on to the next client. This is grossly unfair to each client who deserves to have adequate legal representation and the fairest compensation for the injuries that they suffered. Further, these low settlements decrease the average case value of an accident claim regarding Uber and Lyft, which harms other cases - courts will see these lowered numbers and think they are fair settlements, for instance.
When you look for an attorney, you should hunt for a law firm whose attorneys are caring, attentive, and want to net you a sizeable settlement for you as a person instead of you as a client. They empathize with you over your injuries and hardships and want to see you with less stress and worries. Their goal is to get you the most money they can to cover all of your expenses.
Further, many attorneys will not seek every avenue of recovery. For instance, they will not seek punitive damages. Punitive damages are difficult to acquire, as some defending lawyers will claim that the loss of income and any other costs through insurance are punishment enough. It takes a great deal of skill and knowledge of the law to plead for and win punitive damages in personal injury claims with rideshare services. The right attorney for you will seek these damages to further maximize your settlement.
Making the Right Choice Our attorneys are compassionate and they will not treat you like a number. Our top priority is to get you the most amount of compensation and our attorneys are very particular about this. We are aggressive, and we will seek every avenue of recovery.
There are many paths to victory, and we will make sure to examine all of them; further, unlike some attorneys who will sign you up and then disappear on you, we will be transparent with you throughout the whole process, as we believe our clients should not be kept in the dark if they don't want to be. We will tell you what we expect to receive and how we will fight for your benefits.
100% Free Consultations You can contact us right now for a free review of your case. We will review the details of your case and provide you with our best legal advice. We will let you know the best course of action and the best way to maximize your recovery.
Free Second Opinions If you already have an attorney but feel that your current attorney is keeping information from you or not doing all he can to get you a fair settlement, contact us today for a free second opinion. We will be more than happy to give you our expert advice on what you can reasonably expect to receive and if your current situation is the best spot for you to be in. Our law firm has years of experience working on auto accident claims, and we have been taking on Uber and Lyft cases since the services began. We can get you the best settlement possible with our practical legal strategies and dedicated lawyers.
No Upfront Fees - Ever We offer you a zero fee guarantee in addition to a free legal consultation. We only get paid if we win your case - you don't owe us any out of pocket expenses unless we can bring you money.
Further InformationIf you have any further questions regarding the average settlement value of your case or if you wish to obtain a second opinion on your case feel free to contact our law offices. All consultations are provided by our attorneys free of charge.
Further reading and other pages on our website relating to rideshare accidents: