Average Value of Uber Case - Uber Lyft Accident Lawsuit
One of the most common questions asked by our clients concerns the amount of compensation they will receive for the damages they have suffered. There are several significant facts in determining the value of a case. A list and brief description of the most significant factors in determining the potential value of a personal injury case is provided below. These factors apply to any cases involving an Uber accident or Lyft accident. If you are looking for information regarding how much is the value or the average settlement of an Uber case or Lyft case, you can read below for some guidelines.
Factors in Determining the Potential Value of Your Case
- The extent and severity of the injuries you have suffered: Medical documentation including hospital records and treatments establishing a diagnosis of your injuries play a significant part in a future settlement. Thus, it is vital to seek medical treatment as soon as possible following an accident so that there is no major gap in medical treatment.
- Your current and future medical and rehabilitation costs: Future medical care costs will be determined by a life care planner based on any long term injuries or disabilities you may have suffered due to the trauma.
- Economic damage suffered: Economic damages can include loss of income and future earning capacity due to long term injuries and disabilities you have suffered.
- Non-Economic Damages: Victims of harm due to the negligence of others are entitled to recovery for the emotional distress and physical pain they have had to endure. There are several ways to calculate pain and suffering compensation. Per-diem is calculated by placing a dollar amount for each day a person has had to suffer physically and psychologically based on the damage suffered. That number is then multiplied by the number of days an individual has suffered such harm.
- Application of Punitive Damages: Courts will grant punitive damages to victims in cases where the at fault party acted intentionally or acted in reckless disregard for the life and health of others. Reckless behavior, tantamount to gross criminal negligence in many jurisdictions, can include driving while under the influence, hit and run accidents, and driving at an exceedingly high rate of speed.
- Insurance policy coverage available: Lyft, Uber and other rideshare drivers must carry a commercial policy in order to have passengers in their vehicle. The specific dollar amount available depends on the standing of the rideshare driver at the time of the accident. If the rideshare app is not on, then the direct insurance coverage of the drive will apply. If the rideshare app is on but there is no passenger in the vehicle, a $250,000 policy limit will apply. If the rideshare app is on and the driver has connected with the potential passenger for pick up or if the driver is on the way to pick up the passenger, then a $1,000,000 insurance policy limit from the rideshare company will apply. If the passenger was in the vehicle at the time of the accident then a $1,000,000 policy will apply.
- The attorney that is representing you: Perhaps the most significant factor in determining your case value will be the attorney that is representing you. An attorney experienced in auto accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles will be able to provide specific strategies in order to maximize your case value.
Further InformationIf you have any further questions regarding the average settlement value of your case or if you wish to obtain a second opinion on your case feel free to contact our law offices. All consultations are provided by our attorneys free of charge.